PANDAN INDAH, 1 May: The Chempaka constituency defending candidate, Iskandar Abdul Samad targets 20 apartment upgrading projects under the Ceria Scheme if given the mandate to continue serving in the 13th General Election (GE-13).
This is one of 12 targets contained in the five-year agenda of the 2013-2018 Chempaka State Legislative Assembly Manifesto.
“It involves apartments in Pandan Indah, Pandan Jaya and Taman Dagang,” he said in a press conference at the Pandan Tarbiyah Centre.
Among other contents of the manifesto:
* increase the number of affordable homes without eliminating locals
* create another community library in Pandan Indah like the one in Pandan Jaya
* addition of two youth squares equipped with futsal and sepak takraw courts in Taman Chempaka and Taman Cahaya
* build a public library
* increase Women Empowerment Centres in Pandan Mewah so that women can improve their skills and open businesses
* the Senior Citizen Care programme to be extended to four other locations, namely in Kampung Baru Ampang, Pandan Indah, Pandan Jaya and Taman Nirwana. The programme involves learning courses in religion as well as a ‘Day Care Centre’ mingling concept
* to build five police posts at critical locations in effort to prevent crime and it will be submitted to the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM).