PETALING JAYA, June 19: Participants of the #Blackout505 peaceful assembly this Saturday are urged to gather at seven checkpoints before moving together with Pakatan Rakyat leaders and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to Padang Merbok on the day.
The seven checkpoints are:
1) Brickfields led by PKR Vice-President Nurul Izzah Anwar, General Secretary of the Socialist Party of Malaysia, S.Arulchelvan and Leader of the Coalition for Clean and Fair Elections (BERSIH), Marina Chin.
2) The National Mosque – PKR Deputy President, Azmin Ali, Shah Alam MP, Khalid Samad
3) Jalan Pudu – DAP Deputy Chairman, Tan Kok Wai, DAP PArty Organising Secretary, Anthony Loke, Head of the anti-Lynas movement, Wong Tack, Coordinator of Youth Solidarity Malaysia (SAMM) Badrul Hisham Shaharin.
4) Jalan Raja Laut (PAS Headquarters) – PAS President Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang and PAD Deputy President Mohamad Sabu.
5) Jalan Raja Laut (Sogo) – PKR Vice-President Tian Chua, former military retirees
6) University of Malays – Student Activists, Sadwan Anang and Adam Adli, AMK Chief, Shamsul Iskandar Mohd Akin, PAS Youth Chief Nasruddin Hassan.
7) Pekeliling – PAS Vice-President Saehuddin Ayub and NGO ANAK.
The groups will travel to Padang Merbok after the Zhur prayers and meet at the field at about 2.00 pm.
This is according to the MP for Sungai Petani, Datuk Johari Abdul in a press conference here at the PKR Headquarters this morning.