SHAH ALAM, June 21: Rafizi Ramli stated that he was informed unofficially that the police will help with the assembly tomorrow, as long as participants do not destroy public property.
According to Rafizi in his media statement, he welcomed the statement from the Dang Wangi District Police Headquarters confirming that the police will give their full cooperation to ensure that the assembly tomorrow takes place peacefully.
“I express my utmost appreciation, especially the Dang Wangi District Police Chief, ACP Zainuddin Ahmad who helped a lot.
“It includes his willingness to sit down with me and my partners from Pakatan Rakyat even though it was cancelled eventually,” stated the PKR It includes his willingness to sit down with me and coalition partners even had to be cancelled eventually,” said the PKR strategy director.
Rafizi explained that the willingness of the police to cooperate and help with the assembly organisation tomorrow was confirmed by ASP Ananthan Rajoo from the Dang Wangi District Police Headquarters who acknowledged that they have received orders from above to help.
At the same time, the organisers’ secretariat has sat down with the volunteer medical teams to refine the readiness of medical support due to the alarming situation of the air.
He said that a large number of people will still be present to participate in the assembly tomorrow, regardless of the orders given by the secretariat.
“The top priority of the secretariat and the volunteer medical teams is to ensure that adequate medical support is available to deal with any problems, including that of which is in relation to the bad air quality due to the haze,” said Rafizi.
Rafizi added that the measures will be taken by the secretariat and the volunteer medical teams to ensure adequate medical support:
1. A medical headquarters will be open at Padang Merbok with four supporting medical headquarters being opened around the route from Kuala Lumpur to Padang Merbok located at Dataran Merdeka, the National Mosque, Sogo Complex and Maybank Square.
2. A total of four ambulances and five medical motorcycles will be provided id there is a need to transfer patients directly to the hospital. The motorcycle officers will make it easy for them to rush to areas in need of support.
3. The over strength of the medical support is 55 people, including doctors, nurses and paramedics.
4. Every medical headquarters will be supplied with automated external defibrillators or AED for life-saving operations (if required) and drip medicine/facilities for advanced life support (ALS).
Rafizi further explained that those with any medical problems and need help can send a text message to 010-277 2072 with the following information:
1. The form of distress and emergency (how many people are involved in the emergency)
2. Where the emergency is taking place (check exact location)
3. The person to contact at the place of emergency and the phone number
“I believe that all plans have been made to ensure that the #Black505 assembly at Padang Merbok will take place peacefully.
“With the police preparations and the help from medical volunteers, I urge as many Malaysians possible to gather starting from 12 noon tomorrow.
“Please bring at least a handkerchief and mineral water to prepare for prolonged haze,” he said.