SHAH ALAM, 28 Jan: he High Court here today scheduled Feb 28 for the decision on PKR advisor Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s defamation suit against blogger ‘Papa Gomo’ for allegedly linking him to a video of two men having sex.
Judge Rosilah Yop set the date in chambers before Anwar’s counsels N.Surendran and Lateefa Koya and counsel Jasbeer Singh Kawna, who represented Wan Muhammad Azri Wan Deris.
Surendran told reporters that the date was set after the case was closed today.
Meanwhile, Jasbeer said that his application for a new date to call the last defence witness, who was supposed to have been present in court today, was objected to by Anwar’s counsels, leading to the case being closed.
On March 21 last year, Anwar filed a RM100 million suit against Wan Muhammad Azri, alleging that he had posted a series of four defamatory statements and images on his blog dated March 16, 17, 19 and 20 2013.
Anwar sought general, aggravated and exemplary damages as well as an injunction to prevent the defendant from continuing to post the said statements and images.
The proceedings, which started yesterday, heard the testimonies of two witnesses for the plaintiff including Anwar and a defence witness, Wan Muhammad Azri.
-quoted from Bernama