SHAH ALAM, 3 Jan: More than 80 per cent of electricity consumers in Kelantan had their power supply restored Friday evening, according to Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB).
TNB senior general manager (Operations, Region 2), TNB Distribution Division, Abdul Aziz Abdul Majid, said so far, 506 electrical substations had yet to be restored compared to 1,017 Thursday.
“As at 4 pm, 46 portable generators with the capacity of up to 1,000 kVA (kilo volt ampere) were being operated in Kelantan,” he said in a statement taken from Bernama.
Abdul Aziz said TNB was making every effort to install a few more generator sets at locations where they were very much needed.
He said in Pahang, the number of substations that had not been restored had dropped to 239 from 301 Thursday, while 58 substations in Perak were still not operating.
TNB has urged flood victims returning to their homes and premises to engage the services of electrical contractors registered with the Energy Commission (ST) to inspect the wiring and electrical equipment before use.
Consumers in Kelantan and Terengganu may contact the ST office at 09-7487390, Pahang at 09-5142803 and Perak at 05-2535413.