SHAH ALAM, 29 Jan: A relative’s support group for the Malaysia Airlines MH370 aircraft reminded the government to act hastily in announcing the fate of the aircraft, which is still being searched for.
The reminder came following allegations that the authorities will make an important announcement regarding the fate of the aircraft that carried 239 passengers and crew members this evening.
The aircraft went missing on route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing after taking off from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport on March 8 last year.
The Association for the Family of Passengers and Crew of MH370, Voice370, said that they are curious because the government will be making an announcement while Phase 1 of the search is still going on.
“We, the relatives to the MH370 victims, are wondering why the Malaysian authorities are rushing to make the announcement while it is still a long time before the period for the search ends.
“At least, we expect them to be patient to wait until phase one finishes,” the Voice370 statement was taken from Malaysia Kini.
According to the group, the Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) has assured that the search in the South Indian Ocean is still underway, as planned, and almost a third of the area has been covered.
“They assured us that efforts will not be stopped until an area of 60,000 square kilometres has been covered.
“We previously mentioned, and emphasise again, that we are prepared for any eventuality, including the fact that our loved ones will not be returning.
“However, almost all family members agree with the stand that we will not declare that our relatives have died without any evidence,” the statement said.