Selangorkini
Pelbagai

Selangor adds RM5 million to help flood victims affected in 4 states

SHAH ALAM, 1 Jan: Selangor is expected to channel over RM5 million more to help flood victims in Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and Perak to repair the damages to their respective homes due to the natural disaster.

The Chief Minister of Selangor, Mohamed Azmin Ali, said that the assistance can be obtained from contributions by government-linked companies (GLCs) and the private sector in Selangor.

4.1

“This donation is to assist the people affected, especially the poor, to repair and rebuild their respective homes that were damaged due to the floods,” he said during the Selangor Dream Generation (GeMS) Pray For Malaysia Night at the Malawati Stadium in Shah Alam.

He said that the actual amount of donations will be announced on January 2, but collections have already started a few days ago and is expected to increase due to the attentiveness of the parties concerned.

Prior to this, the Selangor government also contributed RM1.5 million to flood victims in Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and Perak.

4.2

The donation in the form of financial assistance amounting to RM1.3 million was personally delivered by Mohamed Azmin to the state governments involved when he visited flood victims and RM200,000 more through the Selangor Humanitarian Aid Mission Association (PANTAS).

The Chief Minister of Pahang, Datuk Seri Adnan Yaakob, when contacted by Mohamed Azmin, also expressed his appreciation and gratitude to the government of Selangor for the assistance provided.

Mohamed Azmin also personally presented the RM100,000 contribution to the Chief Minister of Terengganu, Datuk Ahmad Razif Rahman, during the aid mission and meeting at Kemaman on December 30 last year.

NS


Pengarang :