BY HAFIZAN TAIB
KAJANG, OCT 5: The State Government is expected to help with the issue of six families who had to move as their houses, on a hospital quarters site in Sungai Jerlok, will be demolished.
Following that, Kajang Assemblyman, Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail said she will discuss with the State Government and Dato’ Menteri Besar, Dato’ Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali on that matter.
“We hope to hold a meeting and the State Government can give a suitable timeline for the residents to move out.
“This is because the residents need more time to transport a lot of their things and look for a new place transfer everything,” she said in a media conference after visiting the six families in Sungai Jelok today.
The houses must be demolished to give way to Kajang Hospital construction project and the residents have received notices to vacate the land since December 2016.
The demolition work should have been done yesterday but it was postponed.
Also present were Kapar Member of Parliament, G Manivannan and Kajang Municipal Council (MPKj) members, E Raman, M Rajendra Kumar, Lee Learn Eng, Lim Kim Eng, S Vangadesen and Mohd Rashidi Hassan.
Manivannan said, he take note of that issue and will bring it to the next Parliamentary session for due consideration from the Health Ministry.
“Besides hoping for the six lot of land to be approved quickly, I will also request for due consideration from the ministry and hope they can increase rental aid amount,” he said.
Meanwhile, Rajendra Kumar clarified that the MPKj Council Members had held discussions with Land and Mines Office as well as the Health Ministry with the agreement to demolish the houses and the residents had agreed to move on this October 22.
“All the affected families received rental aid of RM3,600 per family from the ministry while waiting for tenancy approval,” he said, adding that contractor has demolished one house which had already been vacated.